POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Crackle - are we bored yet? (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Crackle - are we bored yet?
Date: 25 Nov 2022 18:25:00
Message: <web.63814da1c8a26cdeb96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
So this has kind of run away from me a little. It turns out that the voronoi
polygons are far, far more useful than the pigment pattern.

This image is something of an ad-libbed abstract, arising from my vague desire
to do something with these polygons that would be impossible with a crackle
pattern heightfield. Culling collinear points from each polygon saves time and
memory, but also enables us to discard polygons with sides over a certain
length. This removes the infinite outer polygons in the voronoi set. We can also
modify height and color according to location, and of course we can do whatever
we want to build a 3D shape.

Anyway, enough rambling :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message