POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to enquiry Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:47:43 EDT (-0400)
  How to enquiry (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: santividal
Subject: How to enquiry
Date: 19 Oct 2022 12:40:00
Message: <web.635027ffd96dc7fcdd71315024a2c7df@news.povray.org>
Him I am trying to replicate this water droplets all around the tap -see the
image attached-, so maybe a series of droplets every 12 or 24 degrees around z
axis. How should I do that? I know it is a beginner trick, but I am trying
different #while sentences and it doesn't seem to work out. Could somebody help
me? Here is the code I am using to achieve the droplets look like a trajectory.

Thanks in advance for any help,

// FUENTE SUPERIOR

#declare posX = 0.02;
#declare posY = 0.82;
#declare dy = 0.055;
#declare posZ=0;
#declare posZ= <0,0,posZ+12>;

    #while (posX < 0.3)
    sphere {
    <posX,posY,0>, 0.01
    material { agua }  }
    #declare dy = dy - 0.01;
    #declare posX = posX + 0.02;
    #declare posY = (posY + dy);
    #end

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fuenteee.png' (2682 KB)

Preview of image 'fuenteee.png'
fuenteee.png

Le 19/10/2022 à 18:38, santividal a écrit :
> Him I am trying to replicate this water droplets all around the tap -see the
> image attached-, so maybe a series of droplets every 12 or 24 degrees around z
> axis. How should I do that? I know it is a beginner trick, but I am trying
> different #while sentences and it doesn't seem to work out. Could somebody help
> me? Here is the code I am using to achieve the droplets look like a trajectory.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,

#for( kk, 0, 359, 12)

> // FUENTE SUPERIOR
>
> #declare posX = 0.02;
> #declare posY = 0.82;
> #declare dy = 0.055;
> #declare posZ=0;
> #declare posZ= <0,0,posZ+12>;
>

>      #while (posX < 0.3)
>      sphere {
>      <posX,posY,0>, 0.01

rotate kk*vertical_axis

>      material { agua }  }
>      #declare dy = dy - 0.01;
>      #declare posX = posX + 0.02;
>      #declare posY = (posY + dy);
>      #end

#end

Post a reply to this message

> Le 19/10/2022 à 18:38, santividal a écrit :
>> Him I am trying to replicate this water droplets all around the tap
>> -see the
>> image attached-, so maybe a series of droplets every 12 or 24 degrees
>> around z
>> axis. How should I do that? I know it is a beginner trick, but I am
>> trying
>> different #while sentences and it doesn't seem to work out. Could
>> somebody help
>> me? Here is the code I am using to achieve the droplets look like a
>> trajectory.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help,
>>

> #for( kk, 0, 359, 12)
>
>> // FUENTE SUPERIOR
>>
>> #declare posX = 0.02;
>> #declare posY = 0.82;
>> #declare dy = 0.055;
>> #declare posZ=0;
>> #declare posZ= <0,0,posZ+12>;
>>

>>      #while (posX < 0.3)
>>      sphere {
	posX*x, 0.01
// >>      <posX,posY,0>, 0.01

> 	rotate kk*vertical_axis
	translate posZ*z

>>      material { agua }  }
>>      #declare dy = dy - 0.01;
>>      #declare posX = posX + 0.02;
>>      #declare posY = (posY + dy);
>>      #end
>>

> #end

You want to work with your object at the origin (<0,0,0>), manipulate
it, then translate it to it's final position. I think you are assuming
that the fountain stem is at <0,0,0>. What if you move it?  SO here,
what you really want to do is define a max radius for your circle sweep.

#local maxRad = 0.3;
#declare FountainSpray=
union {
     #local dy = 0.055;
     #local YY = 0.82;
     #for (MR, 0.02, maxRad, 0.02)
         #for (KK, 0, 359, 12)
             sphere {
                 MR*x, 0.01
                 rotate KK*y
                 translate YY*y
             }
         #end
         #local dy = dy-0.01;
         #local YY = (YY+dy);
     #end
//    material {agua}
     material{ texture { Glass3  } // end of texture
               interior{ I_Glass } // end of interior
             } // end of material -------------------

}

#declare FountainPos = <0,0,0>;
object {FountainSpray translate FountainPos}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.png' (93 KB)

Preview of image 'test.png'