POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weird problem with transparent box Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:44:14 EDT (-0400)
  Weird problem with transparent box (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Chris R
Subject: Weird problem with transparent box
Date: 23 Jun 2022 13:50:00
Message: <web.62b4a6ddb354b68f4ebf5035cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
The attached image shows two renderings of the same scene.  The right image is
the same as the left, except that I added a completely transparent box, whose
purpose was to support media with some ground fog:

box {
   -size/2, size/2
   texture { pigment { color rgbt 1 } }
   translate <0, size.y/2, 0>
}

As you can see, the box shows up as a mirror instead of being transparent.

The scene is fairly complex, but here are a few details that might help point
out to the experts what the problem might be:

1.  The whole scene is inside of a mesh-based sky sphere, but I verified that
the problem shows up even if that is turned off.
2.  I have enabled radiosity, but I verified that the problem shows up without
it as well.
3.  The light source is a sun emulator using a parallel area_light at a far
distance from the scene

I also tried using rgbf 1.0 as the pigment for the box, but I get the same
problem.

Any ideas?  It's driving me crazy

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-no-media-box.png' (821 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-no-media-box.png'
scene-no-media-box.png

"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Any ideas?  It's driving me crazy

<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:No_Image_Object_Modifier> ?

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message