POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An old music project Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:50:52 EDT (-0400)
  An old music project (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Pekka Aho
Subject: An old music project
Date: 1 May 2022 18:35:00
Message: <web.626f0a44429cd1a06f6b995247dba873@news.povray.org>
Back in the years '97-'03 I had a project called "Talvi" ('winter' in Eng.)
which presented minimalistic "dungeon synth" music with emphasis on Nordic
folklore/dark fantasy/medieval atmospheres. I released a CD-R demo "Ikirouta"
('permafrost') during the first half of '01. It was limited to 50 hand-numbered
copies and distributed mainly between friends and close circles.

During '01-'03 I worked with the 2nd demo "Lumiusva" ('snow mist'), but
unfortunately I never got it finished/released. All materials from that time
dwelled in backups for years to come, but some time ago I found the old external
harddrive and managed to salvage the old files that I had thought were lost and
gone forever. The Lumiusva material needed some remastering, but otherwise those
songs remain unchanged.

I've uploaded both demo releases to Bandcamp for anyone interested in checking
out my very first musical project from 20+ years back. Cheers!

https://lumiusva.bandcamp.com/

Post a reply to this message