POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animating dirt Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Animating dirt (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Leroy
Subject: Animating dirt
Date: 16 Jan 2022 14:10:00
Message: <web.61e46c913df76bfb5cb33910f712fc00@news.povray.org>
I made some construction equipment Dump Tuck, Back Hoe, Bulldozer and was
thinking that I should put them to work digging and dumping dirt. And I was
wondering whats the fastest and easiest way to do it. The digging is not the
hard part. Its the dumping.
 I guess using spheres or blobs with a particle system could be used. They could
be slow. And Blobs are ..... just well, Blobs.
 Thought of using morphing one mesh2 into another but I need better software for
that.
 I though I ask here just What you would do?

Tanks for any replies.

Post a reply to this message

> I made some construction equipment Dump Tuck, Back Hoe, Bulldozer and was
> thinking that I should put them to work digging and dumping dirt. And I was
> wondering whats the fastest and easiest way to do it. The digging is not the
> hard part. Its the dumping.
>  I guess using spheres or blobs with a particle system could be used. They could
> be slow. And Blobs are ..... just well, Blobs.
>  Thought of using morphing one mesh2 into another but I need better software for
> that.
>  I though I ask here just What you would do?
>
> Tanks for any replies.

Well, the only thing I can think of besides a particle system and discrete
objects, would be media, isosurface, or a texture of some sort.   The kind of
thing where all of the dirt would be encoded already, and you'd just animate the
translation / rotation / turbulence to give it a moving "look".