POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : POV-Ray Twitter list ? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:57:03 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Twitter list ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: BayashiPascal
Subject: POV-Ray Twitter list ?
Date: 23 Dec 2021 19:55:00
Message: <web.61c51a03f48d292dc7449d78e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I've found myself surprised to have been added to the POV-Ray twitter
list, which I had never heard of, by a user nicknamed Pix Thagoras, which I
believe I don't know. The list has 8 members and doesn't contain much tweets
related to POV-Ray except for a bot posting images of a nail polish bottle.
Beside it also contains tweets with harmful content, which I've immediately
reported to Twitter.
I've blocked it and will just ignore it without further concern but, does anyone
here knows about that list ?

Pascal

Post a reply to this message

Op 24/12/2021 om 01:53 schreef BayashiPascal:
> Hi everyone,
> Yesterday I've found myself surprised to have been added to the POV-Ray twitter
> list, which I had never heard of, by a user nicknamed Pix Thagoras, which I
> believe I don't know. The list has 8 members and doesn't contain much tweets
> related to POV-Ray except for a bot posting images of a nail polish bottle.
> Beside it also contains tweets with harmful content, which I've immediately
> reported to Twitter.
> I've blocked it and will just ignore it without further concern but, does anyone
> here knows about that list ?
>
> Pascal

I don't know. Imho, not something started 'officially' by the POV-Team.
Probably a private initiative from somebody, typically I guess not
active on these newsgroups. Did you recognise any twitter's names?

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: BayashiPascal
Date: 25 Dec 2021 03:50:00
Message: <web.61c6da2b55d12375c7449d78e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
> Did you recognise any twitter's names?

Nope :-/

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Dec 2021 04:22:43
Message: <61c6e2e3$1@news.povray.org>
Op 25-12-2021 om 09:45 schreef BayashiPascal:
>> Did you recognise any twitter's names?
>
> Nope :-/

I seem to remember, somewhen early this year, that I came across this
while looking for something completely unrelated. I do not use twitter
myself at all, but from what I can dig up from google (through
'Startpage' anonymous view) are some images that /might/ have been made
with POV-Ray, but which have never been shown/discussed here as far as I
can tell. All rather 1990's style at first glance. So... better to
avoid, I would say.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Dec 2021 22:00:00
Message: <web.61c7d98b55d123754cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>

> I do not use twitter
> myself at all...

Same here.

And since I am not currently interested in purchasing any nail polish, I think
I'll avoid that twitter group :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Date: 27 Dec 2021 03:15:00
Message: <web.61c974e555d1237516086ed03f378f2@news.povray.org>
"BayashiPascal" <bai### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Yesterday I've found myself surprised to have been added to the POV-Ray twitter
> list, which I had never heard of, by a user nicknamed Pix Thagoras, which I
> believe I don't know. The list has 8 members and doesn't contain much tweets
> related to POV-Ray except for a bot posting images of a nail polish bottle.
> Beside it also contains tweets with harmful content, which I've immediately
> reported to Twitter.
> I've blocked it and will just ignore it without further concern but, does anyone
> here knows about that list ?
>
> Pascal

Same here,
I never came across it, and am glad you reported it. Thus I hope it will be
completely removed by the time we would try and make any real  one (Though I
didn't connect to twitter for a whiile and rather contemplated Diaspora/Mastodon
....But I did find a lot of truly POV related content on Instagram !