POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks
Date: 13 Dec 2021 14:30:00
Message: <web.61b79ec0e49735dcb96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
Following Thomas' comments about the stairs, plus my own dissatisfactions, I
have made some minor improvements: stairs are smaller, they now have lips over
the risers, and they have been properly diagonalized with the flooring extending
onto them top and bottom. This means that (in principle) staircases may now be
joined diagonally, extending indefinitely.

I also tidied up the railing post spacing to remove big gaps and irregularities.

Next up: planters.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'autobuild_improve1.jpg' (178 KB)

Preview of image 'autobuild_improve1.jpg'
autobuild_improve1.jpg

This is so awesome; I'm glad you're perfecting it. It's an instant POV-Ray
classic.

Post a reply to this message

> Following Thomas' comments about the stairs, plus my own dissatisfactions, I
> have made some minor improvements: stairs are smaller, they now have lips over
> the risers, and they have been properly diagonalized with the flooring extending
> onto them top and bottom. This means that (in principle) staircases may now be
> joined diagonally, extending indefinitely.
>
> I also tidied up the railing post spacing to remove big gaps and irregularities.

Nice construction and light setting Bill !

But I suspect that stairs would not be so comfortable to use.

Have you seen this page ?
https://www.finehomebuilding.com/project-guides/framing/2-rules-comfortable-stairs

--
Tor Olav