POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Preferred Modeler? Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Preferred Modeler? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rudy
Subject: Preferred Modeler?
Date: 1 Jul 2024 00:31:11
Message: <6682310f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello All,
I am still learning the basics of POVRay and I am greatly enjoying it so
far. One thing I have noticed, however, is that the scene description
language is fairly limiting to those of us lacking the ability to
perfectly mentally visualize mathematical representations of geometric
structures in 3D space. For simple scenes, it no doubt gets the job
done, but I imagine the more sophisticated pieces, such as those made by
Gilles Tran, have to be created in some type of separate modeling
program, which brings me to the crux of this post: Which 3D modeling
program, if any, do you use to generate your scenes? I know MORAY used
to have its adherents, but it seems to be stuck in copyright limbo for
the time being.