POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image function Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Image function (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Image function
Date: 28 May 2023 10:49:57
Message: <64736a15$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm racking my brain over this problem :
I'd like to have a function that can give me the color of a pixel in an
image (the equivalent of "eval_pigment") to fill a plane.

I've tried a lot of things but none of them work.

What I would like :

plane {
 y, 0
 pigment { color imageFunction(x,y,z) }
 }

With the function like that :
#declare imageFunction = function {
 pigment {
  image_map { jpeg imageName }
  rotate -x*90
  translate <-0.5, 0, -0.5>
  scale <imageWidth, 1, imageHeight>
  }
 }

Of corse, this does not work and i get parse errors but the idea is here.

So can you tell me if this "kind of thing" is possible or not before I
go *crazy* ?

(@﹏@)

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

Op 28-5-2023 om 16:49 schreef kurtz le pirate:
> Hello,
>

> I'm racking my brain over this problem :
> I'd like to have a function that can give me the color of a pixel in an
> image (the equivalent of "eval_pigment") to fill a plane.

Why not use eval_pigment? See:

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.52ede41cd6fcc84f7a3e03fe0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=395729

I must have the macro somewhere... I shall send it tomorrow from my
other machine.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message