POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Beetle Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Beetle (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: yesbird
Subject: Beetle
Date: 15 Mar 2023 11:37:03
Message: <6411e61f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
Here is animation of Mike's beetle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxRznkDpfY

I know that light setup could be much better, but I'm still learning and
at the same time trying to save rendering time, as much as possible.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Beetle
Date: 15 Mar 2023 13:00:00
Message: <web.6411f7d42bfda95aa30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is animation of Mike's beetle:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxRznkDpfY
>
> I know that light setup could be much better, but I'm still learning and
> at the same time trying to save rendering time, as much as possible.
> --
> YB

Very nice YB. The metallic materials work well in animation. I also like the
additional specular highlights in the eyeballs.

I just finished a more traditional looking scarab beetle. I'll post it when I'm
done with the materials. I'm modeling a fly now (I did a fairly crude one in POV
30 years ago).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'green_bottle_fly.jpg' (230 KB)

Preview of image 'green_bottle_fly.jpg'
green_bottle_fly.jpg

> Very nice YB. The metallic materials work well in animation. I also like the
> additional specular highlights in the eyeballs.

Agree with you, although this is a simple turntable animation, it works
well for 3D models, one flat image is not sufficient for presenting a
complex shape.

I like highlights too, but it seems to me that ambient light is
insufficient.

> I just finished a more traditional looking scarab beetle. I'll post it when I'm
> done with the materials. I'm modeling a fly now (I did a fairly crude one in POV
> 30 years ago).

I like this new entomology series and wonder how fast you are working.
Looking forward to new insects.
--
YB