POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Studio lighting setup Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:00:08 EDT (-0400)
  Studio lighting setup (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: yesbird
Subject: Studio lighting setup
Date: 13 Mar 2023 06:05:48
Message: <640ef57c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I need your advice in setting up lighting for different scenes, at
present time mostly for single objects, turned around Y axis (turntable
animation).

Achieving a good lighting environment is a challenging task, especially
for new users. When I was working with VRay, I found a set of
ready-to-use scenes with lights, light-boxes, umbrellas, etc. for
different cases, such as jewelry, faces, body, glossy objects, etc.
which helps me to start setting up my own.

I read this tips:
http://warp.povusers.org/povtips/
but it's only a basics, I would like to have set of professionally done
examples.

Could you please help me to find them, at least point where to start ?
Thanks in advance,
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

> I need your advice in setting up lighting for different scenes, at
> present time mostly for single objects, turned around Y axis (turntable
> animation).

Look for basic portrait photography lighting. It works very well for single
objects.
This came up with a quick search,
https://askboxs.com/2014/09/30/what-are-the-5-basic-lighting-setups-used-in-studio-portrait-photography/

ingo

Post a reply to this message

> Look for basic portrait photography lighting. It works very well for single
> objects.
> This came up with a quick search,

https://askboxs.com/2014/09/30/what-are-the-5-basic-lighting-setups-used-in-studio-portrait-photography/
Thanks, but unfortunately this link is not work, and may be I is should
say, that I mean some ready-to-use examples of POV scenes.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

>> Look for basic portrait photography lighting. It works very well for
>> single
>> objects.
>> This came up with a quick search,

https://askboxs.com/2014/09/30/what-are-the-5-basic-lighting-setups-used-in-studio-portrait-photography/
> Thanks, but unfortunately this link is not work, and may be I is should
> say, that I mean some ready-to-use examples of POV scenes.
> --

Maybe this?

http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/technical/tools-objects/studio-lighting-kit/

--