POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reposting of my include files Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Reposting of my include files (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Reposting of my include files
Date: 23 Feb 2023 18:59:16
Message: <63f7fdd4$1@news.povray.org>
I have reposted to GitHub some of the include files I've written.

https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-Radiosity-Pretrace
  - clipka's pretrace_start and pretrace_end recommendation from his
    Radiosity Voodoo articles.

https://github.com/CousinRicky/RC3-POV-Tools
  - Gamma 1.0 substitutes for .gray
  - Halton sequences
  - sRGB encoding and conversion to hexadecimal strings

https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-SpectralRender-mods
  - SpectralRender composer converted to an include file
  - Gamut mapping

Legal stuff follows:

Some of these files I had previously posted to p.b.s-f under the GPL
3.0.  I have since concluded that the GPL is a poor fit for them, so I
have changed the license to Apache 2.0.

The DotGray() and DotGrey() macros were never licensed previously, as I
had only embedded them in posts for you to scribble on a greasy scrap of
wrapping paper.  They seem too simple to copyright, but I tossed them in
with the Apache 2.0 just because.  I have more complex plans for them
anyway.

For the SpectralRender mods, I have retained Ive's CC0 license.

Post a reply to this message

Op 24-2-2023 om 00:59 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> I have reposted to GitHub some of the include files I've written.

Noted. Very useful indeed. Thanks a lot.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Feb 2023 14:30:00
Message: <web.63f90fb42beafa4e9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> Op 24-2-2023 om 00:59 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> > I have reposted to GitHub some of the include files I've written.
> >
> Noted. Very useful indeed. Thanks a lot.

Same here! Thanks.