POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Math expressions in text Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:55:32 EDT (-0400)
  Math expressions in text (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Subrahmanyam Pattamatta
Subject: Math expressions in text
Date: 4 Jan 2022 15:20:00
Message: <web.61d4aac6e174f468fa65d356592a2d00@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have recently started using POV-Ray for making illustrations/schematics for a
material science research article. The figures came out really well. Thanks to
POV-Ray developers.

I wonder if there is a way to insert mathematical expressions as text into the
figure (example: say latex symbols $\alpha + \beta = 0$) directly into the scene
file or do I have to render the image in POV-Ray, save it to .png and later cut
and paste latex equations into the .png file ?

Thank you,
Subrahmanyam Pattamatta
Research Fellow
University of Hong Kong