POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diamanted finish on metallic surface Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Diamanted finish on metallic surface (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Havana7
Subject: Diamanted finish on metallic surface
Date: 2 Mar 2018 07:25:00
Message: <web.5a99423e145597463e499bc60@news.povray.org>
Hello guys!
Can any of you tell me how to get this effect on flat surfaces?

Thanks a lot!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diamanted.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'diamanted.jpg'
diamanted.jpg

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Diamanted finish on metallic surface
Date: 2 Mar 2018 08:22:41
Message: <5a995021$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/03/2018 12:23, Havana7 wrote:
> Hello guys!
> Can any of you tell me how to get this effect on flat surfaces?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Hi and welcome.

For a flat surface you would use a normal to give the impression of
depth. Try bumps.
If you have a photograph that you want to use. You could use it as a
heightfield. Which would turn it into an actual 3D object. Where the
light colours are high and the dark colours are deep.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message