POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poe-Ray! : Re: Poe-Ray! Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poe-Ray!
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Jul 2024 15:50:00
Message: <web.66a3fda9a403a69d6563700825979125@news.povray.org>
I will continue exploring the generation of the
> most basic SDL scripts before gradually increasing the scenes'
> complexity...

Don't have it write the scene - have it work out some macros!

I realized that I have access to M$ Bing's "Copilot", and decided to have it
work out a number of things.

"how to write a macro to graph the Associated Legendre polynomials in povray"

And would you believe the damned thing wrote a _recursive_ macro to calculate
the polynomials for any desired degree and order?   :O

Remember when you wanted to move around the perimeter of an ellipse in equal
steps?

I'll bet there are thousands of such geometric problems that we could get a huge
head start on working out in SDL by having one of these engines do a lot of the
heavy lifting.

I'll bet it can do the Schroedinger equation, or a Singular Value Decomposition,
 given the right prompt!

Try pasting in one of your own slow macros and see if it can _optimize it_ to
make it run faster....

Before it all gets sequestered behind a huge paywall....

- BE