POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited) support for PovRay SDL files : Re: The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited) suppor= Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:49:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited) suppor=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Jul 2024 13:20:00
Message: <web.6697fc4611aab5a3327467e125979125@news.povray.org>
You, Sir, are a legend.
And what timing!

jr, put this man "on the list"!

HJ, please take a look at these and see if they help any:

https://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.6369a6d45447eee1f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/

https://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.636eec0e210cb4a81f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/

I hope you'll have some time to document your discoveries about coding your
raytracer and BRDF model(s), but especially the parser part.  There are several
of us here that are intensely interested in all of that.

(Also, this seems an opportune time to recall a scene that several of us
remember, but none of us can find again:  someone wrote an SDL file to render a
keyword-colored SDL file (text {} objects), and sort of had to write their own
parser in the process.  I hope someday that someone will be able to find that
again.)

- BW