POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : "bst.inc" A Binary Search Tree : Re: "bst.inc" A Binary Search Tree Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:48:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "bst.inc" A Binary Search Tree
From: ingo
Date: 4 Jul 2024 01:30:00
Message: <web.66863235d85acfd417bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

Thanks.

I already had quite some problems with deleting a node in this one.

When deleting I first followed some Python et al. examples, but these high level
and OOP languages obfuscate what really has to be done. Copy data to a node and
then search won't work as you have the same value twice. So copy, delete, paste.
That took some time to figure out where it went wrong.

One thing that didn't work was keeping count of the amount of entries,
especially after deleting a value. So now I just search for an empty one when
inserting.

It is and will stay a slow moving project,

ingo