POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Suggest v4.0 read only identifiers. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0) : Re: Suggest v4.0 read only identifiers. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0) Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:00:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggest v4.0 read only identifiers. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0)
From: ingo
Date: 27 Jun 2024 12:50:00
Message: <web.667d975d4bc5dc7517bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
> Release R15 of the yuqk fork has an implementation supporting constant
> identifiers / macro parameters. They are indicated by using a leading
> '_' character in the name.
>
> Aside: I have hopes this mechanism a step toward enabling the safe
> passing of function pointers into yuqk's inbuilt functions.
>
> Attached a first pass at a little documentation for the feature.

There are quite a lot of include files out there that use a starting underscore
to prevent name space collisions. Many of these variables are also variable and
not 'static/constant'. Would that break scene's and includes?

(Would, for example a '#let' keyword for immutables be an option, or is that an
awful lot more work.)

ingo