POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Digital Decay (almost off topic but relevant) : Re: Digital Decay (almost off topic but relevant) Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:49:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Digital Decay (almost off topic but relevant)
From: ingo
Date: 24 Jun 2024 05:25:00
Message: <web.66793ab05ef584b717bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> Would this sample or tutorial I'm sharing be better off on my own personal web
> page / blog, or a big player like Youtube, or Git Hub...? or even better, when
> the content is good enough, into official POV-Ray ressources?

in the IndieWeb community the motto is, publish on your own site first.
Especially for social media postings. Then post and link (as a real link or just
text) on the social media sites. Even if it are 'just' comments and even if it
lacks context on your page/site. You have full control over your own site, not
over other sites.  You cannot be sure of the future of archive.org or github et
al.

One thing I miss in all the web/publishing frameworks is proper versioning with
linking back to historical versions, although on several authors can implement
it themselves.

ingo