POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #switch #case in function? : Re: Using splines to map arbitrary value (was Re: #switch #caseinfunction?) Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:47:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using splines to map arbitrary value (was Re: #switch #caseinfunction?)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jun 2024 10:55:00
Message: <web.66719eaeaf1180ff8519c45d25979125@news.povray.org>
Ilya Razmanov <ily### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Too many math operators in a row make it difficult for me to remember
> "what was that and what I did it for?" Besides, it allows non-continous
> functions to be created, which, in my particular case, is a disadvantage
> - I'm not going to think of what POVRay will do in areas where function
> is not defined, and debug all this.

You can always just use POV-Ray itself to graph your functions, and then you
will know exactly what will happen.

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5926c5ddec053131c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=44359
4&toff=900

https://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5926c60f1312c693c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=4435