POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : On new directive to stop after parsing. A near term trick. : Re: On new directive to stop after parsing. A near term trick. Server Time
3 May 2024 16:38:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On new directive to stop after parsing. A near term trick.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Mar 2024 06:55:00
Message: <web.66054c28ca6c83fa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Thanks guys. I learned something new!
>
> Just out of curiosity: Where do these codes show up? Are they 'accessible' to a
> typical (i.e. naive!) computer user in Windows?

I would guess that they're completely internal to source.
And once the code exits - the program is terminated.  So it's gone.

But that makes me think about the possibility of writing those values to a file,
or to some sort of shell environment variable.

Then you could parse a scene, exit without rendering, and do some post-parse
processing with a shell command....