POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Allchin traction engine : Re: Allchin traction engine Server Time
3 May 2024 12:05:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Allchin traction engine
From: Ton
Date: 17 Mar 2024 18:55:00
Message: <web.65f774321a42083b9a328caa7597fb06@news.povray.org>
> "Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I couldn't find a Povray equivalent, so I
> > want to create a Bolt macro, and a Nut macro. I found already that f_helix2()
> > creates a good looking thread. Then throw a selectable head on top and done!

https://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C875zph8073.fsf%40munyer.com%3E/?ttop=437822&toff=200

That looks a lot like what I have already. I use f_helix2(). Being a former
software engineers I take your comments seriously about "magic", hard-coded
numbers, so I'll avoid them. Make the code as clear as possible!
Here is a sneak preview:

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message