POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef using a string expression? : Re: #ifdef using a string expression? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:52:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #ifdef using a string expression?
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Mar 2023 10:15:00
Message: <web.641718bf98df09c99b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> Alright.
>
> A long time ago I created a bunch of statically linked(a) versions of
> POV-Ray going back through time. Anyhow. Used these to trace the
> introduction of the str/num OK in #ifdef test bug.
> [clip]
> My BIG bet is on the following commit being the problem,
> but I don't have a static compile of it or the one prior to it to
> be sure.

Given the current mix of flaws, the use of a string literal still has me
scratching my head...
        #ifdef("...string...")

Alain's and JR's explanation of the expected behavior seems valid; but with a
properly-working #ifdef, should the comparison fail outright (fatal error)? Or
should it still be seen as defined? I'm mostly just curious ;-)