POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef using a string expression? : Re: #ifdef using a string expression? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:44:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #ifdef using a string expression?
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Mar 2023 09:45:00
Message: <web.641710d898df09c99b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Yep, I get that-- if the #ifdef is seeing it as boolean, that is. But
> > here's a weird thing (well, weird to me at this point of my fuzzy
> > understanding):
> >         #ifdef(true)
> > is apparently seen as NOT defined, and falls through to the #else.
>
> And you get that to work without a warning?

I didn't think to look. But you're right, I get the same warning:
"Parse Warning: Tried to test whether a reserved keyword is defined..." etc.

So with a *properly*-working #ifdef instead of the current flaw in v3.8.0 beta 1
or 2 'official' versions, I'm still curious about something you mentioned: Is it
supposed to indeed be a simple boolean comparison? Or is it's operation more
complex than that?