POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Drop-Down Insert Menu : Re: Drop-Down Insert Menu Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drop-Down Insert Menu
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Mar 2023 06:45:00
Message: <web.6412f24a98680f101f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So, I was just doodling away to play a bit with the Pi pavement pattern, and
that
a) reminded me about the (missing) dependencies in some of the code snippets
b) highlighted the presence of some unnecessary/deprecated dependencies
c) revealed some potential problems with the included shapes

There are a lot of stone/granite/metal etc textures in the menu, and it's
unclear what include file is necessary to make them work.  I think there was
also some discussion about srgb values in the colors, etc.

Some of the textures use things like pigment {White} which necessitates the
inclusion of colors.inc.  Totally avoidable.

I tried using the Dodecahedron and Icosahedron objects, and I'm getting some
strange pigmentation of parts of those.  Don't yet know if that's me, or the
structure of the object (union vs mesh), or some messed up triangle face normals
or what.

I likely won't have time to look over any of it until much later in the day, so
just bringing this up to document it, and perhaps if anyone is bored and looking
to fiddle, they could look into some of these things.

(I also noticed that when pasting the code snippets into my scene, that the
cursor hopped back up to the top of the code snippet rather than staying at the
bottom of the inserted text.   Neat trick, but unexpected - any ideas on how
that works / if it can be disabled?

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: