POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : lemon {} revisited : Re: lemon {} revisited Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:52:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lemon {} revisited
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Mar 2023 09:30:00
Message: <web.640dd2cd1e421ea29b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> First, when I try to render the lemon {} object with the current parameters, I
> only get a very faint speckling rather than a well-formed surface.

The speckling was even worse for me.

By changing the camera to 'perspective' and with location <0,0,-.7>, I see the
nice lemon shape. Also, I don't see any difference re: sturm vs. no sturm.

> The other issue is that the isosurface seems to have the interior_texture
> on the outside, and the texture on the inside.

As an experiment, I negated your spindle function...
      #declare Iso =
      isosurface {
       function {-Spindle (x, y, z)}...

and the interior/exterior textures look correct now. A clue to something?