POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? : Re: Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle - are we bored yet?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Dec 2022 07:20:00
Message: <web.6389ecd97dc652cc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I also coded up some special hocus-pocus that may allow for a true
> function-based full color Voronoi pattern, and maybe even the full color crackle
> solid.  I have code that runs without errors, but it doesn't do what I want -
> though I suspect why and have a plan for how to investigate and debug.  It's
> also remarkably slow, for some unknown reason, as I'm not daisy-chaining 100+
> functions together like my initial attempts.  So, "technical difficulties" as
> always.

Got back in late-ish and I needed to clarify a few things on the color code, so
no random set yet - tonight, for sure, since it's such a fast thing to do.

But I did get a clearer picture of what I was doing, and where and how it was
going wrong.

It SLOW, and therefore I'm posting a rendering-as-we-speak screenshot.  But is
undeniably a full color solid Voronoi pattern, and it done entire in SDL and
only with functions, since the only object in the scene is

plane {y, -D texture {RGBPigment}}

I need to fix the parts that will make the coloring tile along with the pattern,
(I did this before First Coffee) but aside from that, this is proof of concept.

Now someone, maybe Thorsten, can investigate WHY this version is so slow,
whereas the grayscale version is tolerably fast.  I'm only at 50% rendered at 38
min, for a 640 x 480 image.   :(

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fullcolortilablevoronoi.jpg' (253 KB)

Preview of image 'fullcolortilablevoronoi.jpg'
fullcolortilablevoronoi.jpg