POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? : Re: Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle - are we bored yet?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Dec 2022 13:40:00
Message: <web.6388f4487dc652cc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> This looks very promising indeed. Well done!
>
> Would it be possible to vary the /size/ of the individual cells? in a
> random way?

Certainly.

The size of the cells is determined by the proximity of the vertices/centers.

So rather than arranging the points in a grid with some randomness, I can just
sprinkle points into the unit square at random.  at this point, I don't think
there's a whole lot that's out of the realm of possibility.

I need to go out and run some errands, and then hopefully later I'll have some
time to modify the current scene.

I also coded up some special hocus-pocus that may allow for a true
function-based full color Voronoi pattern, and maybe even the full color crackle
solid.  I have code that runs without errors, but it doesn't do what I want -
though I suspect why and have a plan for how to investigate and debug.  It's
also remarkably slow, for some unknown reason, as I'm not daisy-chaining 100+
functions together like my initial attempts.  So, "technical difficulties" as
always.

- BE