POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle - are we bored yet? : Re: Crackle - are we bored yet? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:47:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle - are we bored yet?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Nov 2022 18:30:00
Message: <web.6387e7577dc652cc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> No worry, Bill. As you know, we like to poke into the hot coals once in
> a while. Life (the Real one) has its own pace and priorities, I know all
> too well... Take care and don't get overwhelmed.

Here's a hot coal in yer eye...   ;)

> Also avoid batch 22-0004-b043 of your Dried Frog Pills, if you still
> have it. It has been contaminated with jitter powder from an unknown
> source. :-)

Oh.   NOW you tell me.   I thought they were fruit flies or fungus gnats, or
floaties.  Or the usual bits of dust or smudge on my monitor.

The antispasmodic quinine in my G&T's seem to help with the other jitters.  :P

I think this addresses the basic grid-based Voronoi, in an infinite tiling.

As usual, I was making it 10,000 times more difficult than it should be.

Shown is the pattern on the xz plane, with the unit square from 0 to 1 outlined
in magenta.

I'm using f_noise3d as my randomization function, but I'm not quite sure how to
get it "to be more random" using my <x,y,z> coordinates.

I'd also like to find a way to modify the output values of the Voronoi function
to give something more like crackle solid, or at least a hard outline of the
cells.

I think I can modify this so that the points are user-defined, but the pattern
still tiles.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tileablevoronoitest.png' (160 KB)

Preview of image 'tileablevoronoitest.png'
tileablevoronoitest.png