POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle again : Re: Crackle again Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:01:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle again
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 24 Nov 2022 14:35:00
Message: <web.637fc6b2c37f1de0b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>

> > I was actually thinking not as an object pattern, but as the native lattice
> > of cylinders.  Make a scene with small spheres as the center points, and
> > make the Voronoi with cylinder{} objects.
>
> Like so:

Excellent!

I'm thinking there's scope for some optimization here - removing points between
collinear segments, removing duplicates (for drawing the edges, at least) - this
would make the cells much lighter, and if done at the right stage improve
parsing time.
Coupled with aggregation of max() as you described before (like a binary tree or
similar), this could definitely be improved :)

Different seed shapes would also be interesting.

Bill