POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coffee Mug : Re: Coffee Mug Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coffee Mug
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 30 Jun 2022 05:00:00
Message: <web.62bd65652430c20c7c4cdde2607c1b34@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> This image looks also promising, Dave!
> The segmentation will leave these "imperfections", but perhaps you can
> use a thin box for the surface, and model a separate object for the depth.

Yes that's possible and that's how the coffee cup image was made but my original
goal was to be able to wrap (almost) any object so I was disappointed when it
didn't work out quite the way I wanted. If it had worked out as hoped then my
plan was to allow other types of curves as well - sine waves for example, which
I love. I think this could have produced some interesting animations too! But as
Bald Eagle pointed out, there is a much better utility that can do that already.
I just wanted to learn by doing.

Thanks for the kind words and have a wonderful day!

Warmest regards,
Dave Blandston