POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Problem with transparent object and quartics : Problem with transparent object and quartics Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:47:05 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with transparent object and quartics
From: Chris R
Date: 27 Jun 2022 10:25:00
Message: <web.62b9bd71ec325a4a89a9c4065cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
I found an issue when rendering a scene that included a quartic object with a
water-like texture and interior, and a transparent box, (intended to hold
media), in the same scene.  The original discussion can be found here:

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.62b4a6ddb354b68f4ebf5035cc1b6e%40news.povray.org%3E/

I was able to simplify the scene down to just a few elements that cause the
problem to appear, and have attached a scene file.  (It doesn't appear to depend
on the resolution or AA settings in the render).

In the scene, there is a quartic "drip" with translucent texture and an ior of
1.33 sitting behind a hollow box with a transparent pigment.  When I render it,
the sides of the box become visible and seem to take on the texture/interior of
the drip rather than the completely transparent texture I assigned.

I will attach a sample rendering in a follow-up post.

-- Chris R.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'qbug.pov.txt' (2 KB)