POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps : Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps Server Time
17 Apr 2024 20:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 24 Jun 2022 21:20:00
Message: <web.62b662b918b1901cb80481b2607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> My SphereSweep module has two kinds of B-spline blob capability, so you
> don't have to do any math.  And for the purists out there, it's all SDL.
>  See if it's something you can use.
>
> https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-SphereSweep

This will work for my project with some slight modifications - is that OK?
Specifically, I'll add one more argument to the SphereSweep_Blob_field () macro,
which is the blob threshold setting, and I'll need to modify the
SphereSweep_Blob_field () macro to allow multiple data sets/arrays to be
processed as one blob.

I recall seeing your airplane demo image quite a while ago and now that I'm
looking at the entire project I do recall its purpose - I wish I had remembered
it when I started my project! Thanks for pointing it out. After looking at your
code I see that it's extremely well-done and the documentation is exceptional. I
appreciate your efforts greatly.