POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps : Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps
From: jr
Date: 21 Jun 2022 15:05:00
Message: <web.62b2153518b1901cd6bf93276cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Sacrilege indeed.   That's why we'd want to do something like convert the
> javascript that already does this to SDL.

that's an interesting page, some of the other posts I scanned cursorily looked
worth returning to.  thanks.

(sticking my neck out) I think we'd need WFP to become interested, make 'povr'
export/make visible the TTF data it (as pointed out) already has, in the parser;
pass in a text{} and get back metrics, that sort of thing.

regards, jr.