POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps : Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Text with Sphere_sweeps
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Jun 2022 19:40:00
Message: <web.62b1043218b1901c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:
> "
> It would be great if software existed that allowed one to draw curves over a
> background picture and export the data.

Why not just do what I did with the gear tooth counting project and turn the
image map into a heightfield.  Then you can scan around it with trace () and
compile a list of points.

Obviously this would only scan the exterior envelope, and so a method to get the
holes in letters like B, D, O, P, Q, and R would be required.  Maybe a stepwise
trace () across a vector accumulating a crossing number could be used to find
holes and start a sub-scan in the second "outside" region.