POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : adding a 'normal' to a camera-- some notes : Re: adding a 'normal' to a camera-- some notes Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: adding a 'normal' to a camera-- some notes
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Jan 2022 14:20:00
Message: <web.61d8909fac36aa6b4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
I just tried an orthographic camera, and I get the same distortion results
(needing the same corrections as before.)

And just for fun, here's the same scene + orthographic camera, but using the
bumps pattern for the normal.

Sophisticated art! :-P

-----
BTW, has anyone heard of a relatively new way of selling art called NFT's
("non-fungible tokens")? It uses block-chain computer technology to 'sell' the
exclusive ownership of digital art, via Bitcoin or whatever. (Well, 'art' is not
the proper word... because most of the stuff looks like simplistic crap.)
Nevertheless, millionaires are being minted overnight from this phenomenon.

What a crazy world.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'camera_normal_using_bumps_jpeg.jpg' (174 KB)

Preview of image 'camera_normal_using_bumps_jpeg.jpg'
camera_normal_using_bumps_jpeg.jpg