POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone with Veins : Re: Stone with Veins Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:55:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone with Veins
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Dec 2021 11:45:00
Message: <web.61cb3ddfc205c2d44cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <IsN### [at] protonmailch> wrote:

> > Is there a reason why you chose to use hex colours?
>
> ...The reason I used them is because I
> use the color picker tool in Paint.net to sample colors from pictures,,,

Ah, a fellow Paint.net user ;-) I'm currently running Windows 10; my previous
go-to app for graphics work was an *old* version of Photoshop (which ran under
Windows XP and even 7 with some fiddling), so it is taking me awhile to learn
workarounds for some of PS's more advanced features.

> I made a brief attempt to add iridescence. With some fine-tuning it might
> work...

Your result is really beautiful, and those veins look...real! That's a great
technique you've come up with; I plan to look at your code, thanks for posting
it.