POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone with Veins : Re: Stone with Veins Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:00:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone with Veins
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 28 Dec 2021 05:00:00
Message: <web.61cadfacc205c2d42636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
> If
> Dave agrees I would like somehow to integrate that in Granite 21, when I
> can get to it.
>
> Is there a reason why you chose to use hex colours?

Please feel free to use the code in whatever way you wish!

There's no reason to keep the hex colors. The reason I used them is because I
use the color picker tool in Paint.net to sample colors from pictures and it's
much easier and quicker to copy and paste a single hexadecimal color code from
Paint.net to POV-Ray instead of three separate RGB values. If one set of colors
is used for the stone and a second set of colors is used for the veins then
there could be quite a number of copy-and-pastes.

Have an awesome day!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston