POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone with Veins : Re: Stone with Veins Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone with Veins
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 27 Dec 2021 05:50:00
Message: <web.61c999eac205c2d42636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> both approaches look pretty complementary, and I hope they could somewhat merge?
>
> I really like the white veins with iridescence. To make it really fully
> functional, it would be great if it could also add some such quartzy  "freckles"
> smaller and scattered away from the veins(sorry for my unscientific vocabulary)
> but maybe just some warp / turbulence would end up providing that ?

Good ideas! Yes, adding flecks is possible. That could be accomplished with a
texture_map or with CSG objects.

I've been working on other stuff and haven't experimented further with
iridescence but I think it might be possible to do much better than the example
image.

Have a wonderful day!

-Dave Blandston