POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:02:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Dec 2021 21:35:00
Message: <web.61c7d4366041c6704cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >
> > Those beautiful color gradations remind me of old-style blown-glass/metallic
> > Christmas tree ornaments...
>
> I don't think that I have seen such old style blown glass ornaments.

These three examples come closest to what I remember seeing, when I was a kid
visiting my grandmother for the holidays...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/210824826294535957/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/645281452835747592/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/550002173251947194/

.... but your colors are even better and more saturated. And you have managed to
capture that blurred metallic 'sheen'. It's probably an optical illusion, but
the effect is quite magical.