POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granite_21 - the final macro : Re: Granite_21 - the final macro Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 - the final macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Sep 2021 06:30:00
Message: <web.61446d55b21f010c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
In the lower right area of the image you can
> see the numbers "4.913 x 4.913 x 5.4045" which are probably the dimensions of
> the cell. The numbers "90 90 120" are the angles. But how to convert these to
> proper planes? All my attempts have failed. There is probably a basic solution
> and I'm just over-complicating things...

I agree that those are the dimensions and angles.
But they are the angles of the unit cell, and ATM I fail to see how you need
them.

What I DO see, is that you have numerical triplets, indicating the hkl indices.
I believe that you can simply use those numbers as the normal vectors for all of
the face planes.  Maybe there's a way to display them with greater precision.
Still not sure about the offset, but maybe once you get the ball rolling, some
light will be shed on that aspect of the data.

Perhaps if there are tables of human readable hkl indices for different crystal
structures, you can compare and contrast and discern a pattern.

And that's all I have before 1st coffee.   :D