POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Sep 2021 10:00:00
Message: <web.6140aaa6756c3d5a4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > Superb. With a jet and its contrail superimposed (just for scale) we would be
> > hard-pressed to discern a difference from a real late-afternoon photo,
> > made with a telescopic lens.
>
> But it's not close enough, since a dedicated individual would eventually observe
> how the craters don't cast proper shadows near the terminator :/

I'm still trying to spot those flaws, but I don't see them :-/

Are these the anomalies that you are seeing? If so, they look to me like the
kind of craters that happen to have raised edges, thus catching the Sun at such
a raking angle.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'moonb1m_ken question.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'moonb1m_ken question.jpg'
moonb1m_ken question.jpg