POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
16 Apr 2024 04:46:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Samuel B
Date: 13 Sep 2021 19:50:00
Message: <web.613fe2cc756c3d5acb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Final render in this series. Zoom in to see all the details.
> >
> Superb. With a jet and its contrail superimposed (just for scale) we would be
> hard-pressed to discern a difference from a real late-afternoon photo, made with
> a telescopic lens.

But it's not close enough, since a dedicated individual would eventually observe
how the craters don't cast proper shadows near the terminator :/

> > P.S. If you look closely, you'll find some interesting things...
>
> > > [Thomas]
> > > The short answer, for both features: Lunar Rills --> either collapsed or
> > > not, lava tunnels.
>
> On the infallible internet, I've read that such features are caused by roving
> herds of Moon Calves munching on moon dust-- with the resulting 'production' of
> methane clouds. Stinky methane wind, a little-known secret of the Moon...

Okay, I wasn't going to say anything for fear of being ridiculed. But this
proves correct my earlier hypothesis: cows are a native moon species. They eat
dust, not grass. This explains all the cheese you can find there. And they never
actually jumped over it, they jumped /off/ of it! Things will never be the same
after people hear about this...

Sam