POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Samuel B
Date: 13 Sep 2021 19:25:00
Message: <web.613fdcb5756c3d5acb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 12/09/2021 om 22:22 schreef Samuel B.:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> That is Ive's small (but not little) application:
> >> https://www.lilysoft.org/IC/ic_index.htm
> >
> > Thank you, that looks like just the ticket since it supports higher bit depths.
> > (For some reason Firefox flagged the site as potentially malicious. But I
> > downloaded the file, scanned it with Defender and then VirusTotal, and it turned
> > up clean.)
> >

> Firefox does not react to IC here (reports it is clean) but it is never
> wrong to scan web stuff. It is my standard procedure for everything
> coming from outside.

Yep, gotta scan everything. Even known sources of software and media, because
you never know if a site has been temporarily compromised. (But when it comes to
/truly/ devious malware there's nothing we can do until all the scanners are
brought up-to-date. Even now, something malicious could be lurking in a corner
of the system...)

> I think you will like IC.

I already do. There was no fuss whatsoever when saving the png file. It did take
longer than expected, but then again it was an awfully large file.

Sam