POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little Planetary WIP : Re: A little Planetary WIP Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:03:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little Planetary WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Sep 2021 09:15:00
Message: <web.613cab7ca5540fa91f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"The Traveler" <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:

> Polar regions, hurricane-like storm systems and some better
> terrain generation are all on the table. I've been away from povray for a number
> of years so this project is sort of a "relearning the SDL" again for me.

Nice.  I'm sure you're aware that projects like that can really suck you in,
especially when you're all fresh and full of energy.  ;)

http://news.povray.org/web.5f6a94cd5d69181b1f9dae300%40news.povray.org

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3C5922e351%40news.povray.org%3E/
(The long term idea was to make this an entire ground-level detail planet, fully
customizable, and with zoomable camera views to both adapt and limit the LOD
based on distance from the camera.)

Storms:

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Cweb.5b5540daa3d27573458c7afe0%40news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5d2a00d41a6827c24eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=432881

I'm currently up to my ears in sorting out some RL stuff, so I haven't gotten
back to any of the old projects or gotten sucked into any of the many new
projects that are lined up... ;) :D
Hopefully some of that provides you with some ideas and inspiration - it will be
nice to see another approach to this topic.  Good work so far.