POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bezier spline deformation : Re: Bezier spline deformation Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier spline deformation
From: yesbird
Date: 22 Mar 2023 05:05:30
Message: <bcbcfdb5-5a60-6216-15d7-3184785c9202@gmail.com>
On 22/03/2023 04:54, Bald Eagle wrote:
> The control points should transfer seamlessly, since they are just numerical
> coordinates.  Although with a cubic, you need those "extra" control points which
> don't show up but that affect the shape of the curve - so maybe that's where the
> problem lies?

Thanks, Bill, fortunately I'm familiar with splines from my school years
:). The problem is in different results of splines rendering in C4D and
POV, I can't even imagine how it could be.

Data is following:
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
#declare Extrude = prism { linear_sweep bezier_spline 0, 3.000000, 16

   // -----------
   <15.000000, 0.000000>   // P1
   <15.000000, 3.750000>   // T2
   <5.625000, 10.000000>   // T3
   <0.000000, 10.000000>   // P2
   // -----------
   <0.000000, 10.000000>   // P2
   <-5.625000, 10.000000>  // T4
   <-15.000000, 3.750000>  // T5
   <-15.000000, 0.000000>  // P3
   // -----------
   <-15.000000, 0.000000>  // P3
   <-15.000000, -3.750000> // T6
   <-5.625000, -10.000000> // T7
   <0.000000, -10.000000>  // P4
   // -----------
   <0.000000, -10.000000>  // P4
   <5.625000, -10.000000>  // T8
   <15.000000, -3.750000>  // T1
   <15.000000, 0.000000>   // P1
   // -----------

   matrix
  <0.100000, 0.000000, 0.000000,
   0.000000, 0.100000, 0.000000,
   0.000000, 0.000000, 0.100000,
   -0.005274, 0.030602, -0.017559>

   material { texture {pigment {rgb <1,1,1> }}}
}

object{ Extrude }
//-------------------------------------------------------------------

Results attached.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'romb.png' (108 KB) Download 'c4d_test.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'romb.png'
romb.png

Preview of image 'c4d_test.png'
c4d_test.png