POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Mosaic rewritten : Re: 3/6 POVRay mosaic (was Re: POV Mosaic rewritten) Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:51:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3/6 POVRay mosaic (was Re: POV Mosaic rewritten)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 23 Jul 2024 10:14:48
Message: <669fbad8@news.povray.org>
On 23.07.2024 13:39, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Ilya Razmanov <ily### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> I like this one a lot.
> It would look even cooler with a bit of a border to the pieces.

If "this one" you are referring to is "puzzle", "thingie" element
already ends with "scale 0.99" to get some narrow gaps between thingies.
Just check the corresponding preset and you'll see that it's merely a
cube with 4 cylinders, 2 "plus" and 2 "minus" (holes). Cylinders are
even somewhat linked to easily reposition pin and hole in pair. It was a
small illustration of that thingies may go out of the grid box, in case
we push holes opposite to where we pull pins.

I believe if you duplicate it, rescale sligtly wider yet shorter, add
separate color and make a union, color of child outline object will
override overall color of thingie. Well, at least that's what happened
with dice in "44_dice.inc" preset at the bottom of

https://dnyarri.github.io/pov4zaika.html

- spherical marks in it have they own color.

--
Ilyich the Toad
https://dnyarri.github.io/