POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.8 macro parsing errors : Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:52:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 25 Jun 2024 14:19:24
Message: <667b0a2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/25/24 09:45, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Can we use those for actual practical comparisons?

Unless there is some sort of bug(*) or check(**) it should be you can do
comparisons with inf (the sign should only be strictly needed for -inf).

Bill P.

(*) - There might be compiler flags which break the capability - see
recent povray.unix posts. Testing what you expect to work involving
+-inf in SDL is prudent. I'd not trust feeding these infinite values to
functions SDL or VM ones for example.

(**) - The debug compile of the yuqk fork will often, but not always
complain and stop/throw on seeing infinite values.