POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.8 macro parsing errors : Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:59:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 22 Jun 2024 01:58:08
Message: <667667f0$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/21/24 22:16, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Got it to mostly work.
> What is the smallest number that I can realistically use for a variable value?
> Largest?
>
> (Maybe yuqk can have yuqk_smallest and yuqk_largest as internal values to
> compare against?)

With respect to SDL variables, your asking a simple sounding,
complicated question. :-)

Let me think about what a good answer would be.

I too have thought about bringing out some of the internal values used
in yuqk - through a new function or new keywords. There are a couple
good numeric rules of thumb used internally in the yuqk fork. The
official releases of POV-Ray are ... more chaotic, numerically.

Bill P.