POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Photons are broken with true inverse squared lighting : Re: Photons are broken with true inverse squared lighting Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:59:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons are broken with true inverse squared lighting
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 19 Jun 2024 18:16:24
Message: <667358b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/19/24 15:14, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Well, I found out why my 30th anniversary tribute to POV-Ray went crazy
> when I upgraded the lamp fixtures: photons are broken with POV-Ray 3.8's
> inverse squared lighting.

At the time the photons feature was added, a significant part of the
tracing code was duplicated in the photons tracing code. When a trace
related feature is updated, we have to remember to duplicate the feature
update in that photons code.

I'd guess this didn't happen - at least not correctly.

I'll look at this tomorrow.

Bill P.